[olug] Networking issue

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Thu Jul 17 15:04:11 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 July 2008 09:40:44 am Craig Wolf wrote:

> SNIP>
> I know that this is not necessarily a Linux question but here is where I
> find the smartest people I know...
>
> SNIP>
> Please ask me any further details I can give to help with this.

1) If you do get an error - what is this error - an msaccess error or windows
error?

2) Describe "kick out" e.g. you have to restart the application, or click a
button to "re-connect"

3) What is the possibility of posting a wireshark capture on from a client
machine this happens on ensuring the issue happened during the capture?

4) What is the possibility of posting a wireshark capture from the server
where the file lives when ensuring the issue happened during the capture?

5) if the share is on a windows box, how about posting a registry dump of
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver