[olug] Networking issue

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Thu Jul 17 14:56:29 UTC 2008

It sounds like the typical. "I bought an application, here, you make
it work like I want it to, and it's your fault when it's broken."

I have worked with a few. The last one was the 'Goldmine'
email/contact/sales app. It's setup the same way as you described
yours. It would regularly crash when it was shared from a windows
machine, and still crashed when I initially moved it to a samba share.

It ran reliably with 5-10 users on a samba share from a linux box with
the following config.

In the Global conf section in smb.conf

         #socket options = TCP_NODELAY  SO_SNDBUF=2920
         socket options = TCP_NODELAY  SO_SNDBUF=5840
         #socket options = TCP_NODELAY  SO_SNDBUF=8760
         #socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

[apps]
         comment = Goldmine
         path = /opt/apps
         ;path = /opt/goldmine