[olug] Cox DVR questions...

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:06:41 UTC 2008

Ordered a PVR150 MCE card for about $45, probably arrive early next
week.  Is there any capture quality difference between the 150, 250,
and 350 ?

Tried using alligator clips to connect the coax to the funky
non-threaded card I just got... with no success.  Everything still
refuses show any channel data... clips were solid, but... owell.  I'm
also mildly curious about the card and it's tuner itself.  The tuner
bits aren't incased in an EMI/RF shield.  WTF ?

Noted that the card.... got... well... gets really hot, I can see why
some manufacturers end up putting heat sinks on them!

Oh, and for extra info that may or may not help anyone, the card
appears to be an ADS Tech Instant TV PCI 305 card.  I've seen reports
of other ppl getting tuner goodness out of it, but I'll just assume
they had a different coax hookup than what I got :).

-Will