[olug] IMAPS proxy?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Jan 29 23:32:32 UTC 2008

>>> stunnel -d imaps -r YOUR_MAIL_SERVER:imap
>>
>> Cool.  Thanks.  I've now got stunnel working swimmingly as my IMAPS proxy.
>> BTW, the stunnel syntax, both for the command line and the config file,
>> changed dramatically between versions 3 (as above) and 4 (which comes with
>> RHEL 5), and the v4 docs don't really exist yet online.  Obtaining a working
>> config was trial and error. :-(
>
> care to share, then, for the benefit of google and all of humanity?

Good point.  I'm guilty of that myself.

Here's my stunnel.conf for v4.15:

------------------------- Achilles tendon - cut here -------------------------
; Setup chroot jail for added security
; PID is created here, but config & log files are outside
chroot = /var/run/stunnel/
setuid = nobody
setgid = nobody
; PID is created inside chroot jail
pid = /stunnel.pid

; Some performance tunings
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1

; Some debugging stuff useful for troubleshooting
debug = 5
output = /var/log/stunnel.log

; Listen for IMAP-SSL connections only on server1's IP
[imaps]
accept  = 192.168.2.66:993
connect = server1.bryanlgh.org:143

Starting stunnel requires no arguments.  It doesn't come with an
init script, so I had to hack up an existing one to suit, which
was straightforward.