[olug] IMAPS proxy?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Fri Jan 25 18:59:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Obi-Wan wrote:

> Do any of you folks know of any software that will proxy IMAPS
> (port 993) connections, terminate the SSL at the proxy, and then
> pass the connection off to a back-end IMAP (non-SSL) server?

[...]
> The only IMAP proxy I've been able to find is a Russian program
> named nginx (Engine-X), but English documentation is sparse, and
> I can't find anything that tells how to configure an IMAPS proxy
> (although it does claim to support it).

I've heard _wonderful_ things about nginx, if you can get it going.
It's supposedly fast as hell.

The only other IMAP proxy I know of is the UPitt IMAP proxy, does the
exact opposite of what you want -- it only does TLS between the proxy
and the backend server, but doesn't do any sort of security between
the client and the proxy.

Good luck!

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator