[olug] Network drives on a laptop?

Carl Lundstedt clundst at unlserve.unl.edu
Mon Jan 7 14:48:25 UTC 2008

Daniel,
I wouldn't mount the drives.  I'd used ssh tunneling software like the
'network places' on gnome desktops (nautilus network:).  It acts like
filezilla or other ssh tunneling software in that I can browse the
files, drag and drop etc, but the filesystem isn't mounted at the system
level.

Perhaps this isn't what you need or might not work as I expect?  Clearly
this won't work for home directories or the like.

Carl