[olug] DHCP config

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:07:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche.us> wrote:
> Craig Wolf wrote:
>  > So, looking at my dhcpd.conf, no one sees an error there?  I am just
>  > trying to narrow down my issue location.  8)
>
>  That's because the problem isn't in your dhcpd.conf ;)
>
>  You're putting multiple IP subnets (and DHCP scopes) in a single VLAN.
>  The DHCP server isn't going to know which DHCP scope goes with which
>  DHCP request and will only ever use one - the first one.

Aye -- I've seen lots of suggestions and some questions regarding what
your output is (ie: wrong interface, wrong address, etc) -- but have
yet to see any answers to questions posed by people :).

IE: as Ben asked:
"Let me guess--all your addresses are getting handed out in the 205
subnet, right?"

-Will