[olug] sendmail help - speed up delivery from the queue

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Wed Feb 20 02:47:38 UTC 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 5:20 PM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that's why I switched to Postfix.  There's fewer knobs to turn.

"I'm kinda surprised that after all this time, sendmail's config is
still based on ancient hieroglyphs. (To enable sender-validation in
sendmail, enable this option: bird, squiggley line, sideways man,
fish)"

I went to Qmail back in '96, as the best available alternative to
Sendmail.  When I rebuilt that mail system last year, I finally moved
to Postfix.  I have to say, I've never regretted leaving behind the
horror of sendmail.cf. ;-)

--
Christopher