[olug] hey there jay

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Wed Feb 20 00:02:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:15:07AM -0600, Jay Hannah wrote:
> I love these guys: directnic.com

I've been using Directnic forever. They've always provided great support
for me on the rare occasion I've needed it. They even stayed online during
Hurricane Katrina and live-blogged the whole thing. They're pretty good, in
my opinion.

> I don't know how their prices compare and don't care much since
> personally I only run a few domains.

Their normal prices are $15/yr. However, these guys are so awesome that
they reduced my rates to like $7.75/yr or something. A while back I made a
blog post asking if anybody knew of any cheaper registrars that were as
good as DirectNIC. Apparently one of them saw it, e-mailed me, and cut my
rates. Granted, I have something like 20 domains, so...

Would your registrar do that?

--
Sean Kelly          | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at smkelly.org | http://www.smkelly.org