[olug] sendmail help - speed up delivery from the queue

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Feb 19 23:30:27 UTC 2008

>> Yeah, that's why I switched to Postfix.  There's fewer knobs to turn.
>
> <humor>
> I think Postfix has plenty of knobs -- it's big advantage is that the knobs
> it has are well labeled and make sense...

Yeah, I suppose that may be.  Then again, I've been using sendmail
since ~v8.3 (I actually remember upgrading some boxes from v4 to v8).
Back then there were no m4 (*.mc) files, so I got pretty good at
composing rewrite rules (those lines beginning with "R") by hand.
I classify that next to programming in assembler:  I can brag about
knowing how, but I don't want to have to do it again.