[olug] sendmail help - speed up delivery from the queue

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Tue Feb 19 22:40:58 UTC 2008

I've got 3000 messages in my queue, and they seem to be going out very
slowly.  These are all outbound messages, none are being delivered
locally.   When I do a ps ax|grep sendmail I see only two delivery
threads going at a time, and they are often both processing the same two
messages for quite a while (waiting for some timeout, I'm sure).

I'd like it to be delivering using 10-30 or so outbound connections at a
time.  Can this be done?

I have MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN set to 12, so I thought it should be running
8-10 delivery threads with that setting.

Thanks,
-Ryan