[olug] Router Need

Todd Christopher Hamilton netarttodd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 23:12:31 UTC 2008

Background
I have an ultrasound machine medical diagnostic device that travels to
multiple locations throughout the day and captures diagnostic
information on a patient.
Once the diagnostic study is complete, the device operator, called an
ultrasound tech, stores the information on a server at each location.
The information is sent over the network to a designated tcp ip
address and port utilizing a communication protocol called DICOM.

Overview
Multiple locations / one roaming mobile device
A server at each location
Each location has a different network setup. ie different default
gateways, different subnet masks
Each server at each location has a different ip address and network setup

Current Modus Operandi
The current mode of operation is for the ultrasound tech to change the
network settings on the device when he arrives at each location. I
would like to avoid him having to do that.

Desire / Possibility
I think I can solve the problem by having a router at each location
that does network magic incorporating SNAT and DNAT port forwarding.
I would like to use consumer level routers like a Linksys WRT54x I can
buy at best buy or somewhere else.
I am pretty sure I would need to utilize some third party kernels like
DD-WRT, HyperWRT, OpenWrt, X-Wrt, Sveasoft, or Tomato.

Opportunity
Is there anyone out there who would like to help me tackle this issue?
I can pay something.

--
Todd Christopher Hamilton
(402) 660-2787