[olug] OT: Re: Real time utility reading / software defined radio

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Sun Dec 14 19:38:05 UTC 2008

Dan Anderson wrote:
> If it is any consolation, on all of the systems I've got my hands on,
> you can still go read the meter's dials whenever you want.

there you go, just hang a webcam in your utility closet, and publish
every n seconds

we did this at work a while ago, the shared multi-user voicemail setup
was too expensive, so we put a phone with the support extension in the
server room, and pointed a webcam at it.  then the support guys had a
webpage to see if there were voicemails or not :)

-barry