[olug] Teachers are the obstacle between the classroom and

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 19:40:43 UTC 2008

Yes yes, I know this thread is requested to be terminated.  However I
thought
it necessary to post this link to the follow-up on the heliOS story.  It's a
great
read.  As we are on the front line, we need to be political about our
approach
and open the eyes to those who cannot see out beyond their Windows.
Anyways,
off my soap box.  Here is the link:

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2008/12/character-assasinations-aint-us.html

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:16 AM, DYNATRON tech <dynatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> well, here's an idea. (that's linux related)
>
> out of the disastrous economy could emerge a revolution of free software in
> the schools as well as the business world. (no to mention our PC's at home)
>
> as budgets are crunched the whole world is going to be drawn to more
> economic alternatives. we (OLUGgers) will be on the front line of this
> revolution.
>

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Jon Larsen <relayer at levania.org> wrote:
>

> > This thread ends here.
> >
> > We should be using it to create ideas to educate people about free libre
> > open source software, and promote the principles that we share in that
> > regard.
> >

> > --
> > Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
> > Blog - http://levania.org/relayer/
> > VP of Community Development, Omaha Linux Users Group -
> > http://www.olug.org/
> > AnimeSunday.org <http://www.olug.org/AnimeSunday.org> -
> > http://www.animesunday.org/
> >

> --