[olug] Advocacy in schools

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Thu Dec 11 13:14:41 UTC 2008

What can we do to promote F/OSS in the school system?

I've contacted the local IT manager at my sons school to ask questions
about their approach.  I know that already use Apache on their
webservers but like other schools have a huge mix of OS and PC
hardware and every level of user newbie to pro.  He also has to manage
this for every grade level in every school in this Class 4A Iowa
school system.

Craig - give me some background on what it takes to promote these
things and educate the educators as they are pulled in every
direction.

Later,
Eric Penne

--