[olug] NAS Cluster

home slice homeslice at packetfury.com
Sat Dec 6 07:27:21 UTC 2008

Hello,
      Anyone doing NAS clustering around here?
I will have 3 pallets of new servers in a few weeks, and I get to use some
of them, perhaps 12 or more for experimentation.

My goals are open source, cost, performance and redundancy but mainly
redundancy.

I've seen it done with iSCSI and LVM, but i havnt seen anyone pull the plug
on a node and be able to keep the data intact.

I've been reading up on PVFS2, and that looks promising.

Just seeing if anyone has done this with great success, I'd like to be able
to pull the plug on a node and not lose any data.

Machine specs are Dell R200, quadcore intel, 2GB ram, 146GB raid1, dual 1GbE
I need to find some more switches now

Thanks and have a great weekend ppl