[olug] The (anti-virus) party is over... Long live the Mac!

Adam Lassek adam at doubleprime.net
Fri Dec 5 14:26:29 UTC 2008

This is clearly just a CYA article to avoid lawsuits. In ten years I have
never seen an infected Mac in the wild. I think Unix-based viruses are
something of an urban legend.

Vista has actually levelled the playing field quite a bit, as others have
mentioned viruses just aren't the threat they used to be anymore; now it's
malware we have to look out for. Friends don't let friends use IE.