[olug] Windows Xserver

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Thu Dec 4 16:59:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:18 AM, Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche.us> wrote:
> You you really and honestly *need* a Win32 X11 server?

Installing Oracle on a headless server.

Or, actually, anytime you need to run an X program on a remote server.
 Although it's significantly less common with Linux that on Windows,
there are some commercial programs that require the GUI for certain
things.

> NX works quite nicely.

I've heard decent things about it, though I haven't used it myself.
Not sure how well it would work in the above mentioned situation,
though.  I always got the impression it was more similar to a Remote
Desktop type option.

--
Christopher