[olug] Command SCP client for Windows

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Dec 4 16:16:31 UTC 2008

True, security in general for these isn't the highest priority, but we want
to keep the ssh key checking option open in the future.  (Right now it's too
much overhead for the average admin, and those that do have the
time/knowledge are going to do that anyway.)

I'll check into making a minimal CygWin distribution, and possibly re-visit
WinSCP.

Thanks!

Dan

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Kevin <sharpestmarble at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're not worried about security, as it appears because you're not
> going to check for server keys, then why not use straight ftp?
>
> Alternatively, could you see about making the ssh server keys the
> same, as is the case when you image a server?
>
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 09:19, Hurley Rod <RHurley at tenaska.com> wrote:
> > WinSCP is my choice also.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)