[olug] Windows Xserver

webtrekker at cox.net webtrekker at cox.net
Thu Dec 4 04:39:25 UTC 2008

Hi All,
Looking for suggestions for a truly free Xserver for M$Windows... My past favorite - Xming - is no longer "free", you have to make a "donation" to download.  I don't mind paying for software, especially software that I find very useful like Xming.  I will probably breakdown and make a "donation",but it just kinda rubs me wrong for a developer to call something "free" only then to charge ya for it.
So, really there are two questions here -- a good Xserver for Windows and thoughts on this kind of "free" software.

Thanks all for your thoughts,
Patrick