[olug] Digital picture frame distro

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Wed Dec 3 06:39:44 UTC 2008

I've got a couple old laptops with 10" touch screens that fold over like
tablets.  My initial plan was to turn them into digital picture frames
and hang them from the wall, but the more I think about it, the more
of a pain that sounds like with a standard distro (remove from wall,
unfold keyboard, boot, login, run slide show, fold over to hide kbd,
and finally re-hang on wall just to get the thing running).  Do any
of you know of any distros that can boot up by default into a slide
show while still allowing wireless connectivity and ssh access for
remote admin?

If no such beast exists, I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trouble
to roll my own or if I should just break down and spend $100 on a
standard frame for my wife for Christmas.