[olug] [OT] Suggestions on Qwest DSL options

OBrien, Timothy IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sat Aug 30 16:21:30 UTC 2008

Hey ya folks - due to a recent change in work venue, I am looking at my
Internet options: Comcrap & Qworst. There is a local wireless provider,
that I am waiting to hear back from - but I doubt their pricing &
throughput would support my gaming habit.

Looks like I would rather give my money to Qworst. Thankfully, the place i
have is a block away from the dmark. w00tness.

They have 3 options:
256kb @ 31.99/month
1.5mb @ 34.99/month (.042/mb)
7mb @ 41.99/month (.17/mb)

Per mb, the 7mb option seems like the best deal. And one of their package
deals on the web site, they have phone service & net for $56 IIRC.

Having Cox for the last 9 years (at least), and owning my cable modem and
such; jumping to DSL has me a little uncomfortable. Any
thoughts/suggestions? Anything I need to be worried about running mutiple
platforms (Linux/BSD/WinDoz/Mac) behind my own router?

TIA!

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien