[olug] DNS lookups lagging?

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:40:31 UTC 2008

well luke, it seems that the problem is with my ISP dropping the packets
(rural windstream DSL)...so that would be a bit difficult for me to fix. i
don't see any personal benefit to IP6 anyhow, so i'm gonna go old school.
i've been hearing for the last 10 years how IP addresses are running out,
and IP6 is the future, but it still seems like hype to me. IP4 works just
fine for me right now, so i'm sticking with it.

scsi and rex:
it is done, and the results are amazing.
system-wide, it's like day and night.
thanks a million.

also, thanks much to everyone who dropped in, you renew my faith in
opensource.
for the first time i have a linux desktop that truly kicks ass!

i'm guessing that there is one more step to shut off IPv6 in the gnome
desktop....