[olug] First Ruby on Rails user group meeting 08/20/2008 (and regex question)

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Mon Aug 18 21:37:27 UTC 2008

Christopher Cashell wrote:
> For more information on this, one of the better short write-ups I've
> seen on the issue can be found at
> http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html.  That's also where the
> regex that I listed above came from.  Alternately, if you google for
> 'e-mail regex' you'll find lots of hits and discussion about this
> whole issue.

I really like that website.

I'm also too lazy to ever implement anything myself if someone else has
already written it (and thanks to CPAN that is almost always the case).
So I'd go with Email::Find

http://search.cpan.org/~miyagawa/Email-Find-0.10/lib/Email/Find.pm

Or dozens of other already-written solutions on CPAN.

(Thanks, Dan, for the vote of confidence. But this is an ancient and
unwinable battle.  -grin-)

Cheers,

Omaha Perl Mongers:  http://omaha.pm.org