[olug] JBoss port conflicts - how to resolve them?

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 23:38:42 UTC 2008

Are you trying to run a second instance of JBoss on your machine? If
you are, then you'll run into more than one port conflict. Best way to
resolve that would be to add a second IP to your machine(eth0:1,
eth0:2, eth0:3, etc) and tell JBoss to listen on the second IP.

If this is the only instance of JBoss on your machine, then you could
change just the one port in the bindings file. `grep "StoreURL"
jboss/server/jboss-service/conf/jboss-service.xml` will show where
that is.