[olug] Adjusting Video on Myth frontend

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Sun Apr 27 18:53:36 UTC 2008

I need a bit of myth help.  I must have nicked a setting on my video playback
a couple of weeks ago.  Since that time when I playback recordings the video
is that I think you call "hot" or "oversaturated".  Large blocks of color
with graphics are overly bright and distorted.   Wide angle shots (like
aerial shots of auto race coverage) are blurry.    This happens on
-live tv
-myth recording playback
-ripped dvd playback

It does not happen
-while running normal desktop apps
-playing back flash video (youtube, google video)

If I watch the recordings downstairs on the backend server, they look fine.

Any idea what I need to tweak?

TIA
Dave