[olug] [huskerlug] Re: Ubuntu 8.04

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Apr 24 18:50:57 UTC 2008

Did you happen to use BitTorrent and leave your link up?  I've done that
with some of the last Ubuntu/Kubuntu .ISOs and I'm amazed at how much I've
pushed out to the Internet.  I rate limit to about 50% my upstream max, but
still I've pushed out about 10x the download size in a very short time.

Dan

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:

> > I'm downloading both the 32- and 64-bit desktop ISOs now.  I'll put them
> > on my web site at Internet Nebraska when they're done, for any of you
> > that want to avoid the congestion at the official mirrors.  I'll post
> > the URL's when they're ready.
>
> 64-bit (AMD or Intel)
> http://www.jedi.com/ubuntu-8.04-desktop-amd64.iso
>
> 32-bit i386
> http://www.jedi.com/ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso
>
> --
> Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth                             obiwan at jedi.com
>   The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the
>     Giver of all good things, so if I stand, let me stand on the
>       promise that You will pull me through.  -- Rich Mullins

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)