[olug] Hauppauge TV card recommendations

James Ringler jringler at neinfosec.com
Sat Apr 19 12:05:44 UTC 2008

Craig Wolf wrote:
> According to my wife, our DVR saved our marriage.  8)  I appreciate the Cox DVR right now but we are starting to grow past it and need a 2nd.  Not going to happen!  Moving toward the MythDVR going forward.  I am watching this thread with GREAT interest since I don't want to give up my HD if at all possible but to have a DVR that I can watch the shows in "other" locations is the new focus.
>
> Craig Wolf
> Wolf Computing Services
> (402)990-3010

With all of the transition to HD in a short time coupled with the hassle
of controlling a converting box, it would make sense to me to just pay a
little more for the HD cards..

My Mythbackend has 2 -  150's  and a PCHD3000. I don't have an HD TV but
I wanted to get the OTA channels not on Time Warner Cable.  The new
5500's are out and are a little cheaper.  If I were building one now,
I'd go straight to the hd cards.

Also, -IMO-I'm not too fond of the remote that came with the 150 so I'm
thinking about getting a harmony or using my nokia 770 or something.