[olug] RDAC or SDD for ESX 3.5?

Hurley Rod RHurley at TENASKA.com
Tue Apr 15 21:34:08 UTC 2008

Well it has come to this:

I have been a member (from afar) of Olug for about 4 years, as a Linux
wannabe, but part of a company that won't sway from the Micro$oft
clutches.  But I have done my small part to help out when I can with the
messages, and posted only 2 or 3 questions in the 4 years.  Even if I
were to poke fun to someone (Craig) on here, I would know the guy enough
to know if he also thought it funny.

Here are the reasons why I am now done with this group:
1.)  There is NO reason for smack talk, or belittlement, or
condescending remarks when someone posts an honest question on here.  Of
all the crud that passes through this board, you would think a legit
question might be seen more as an opportunity, or challenge; rather than
the way it was addressed.

2.)  I have a CAREER in the IT field, whether I know little about linux
or not.  I fully understand what support agreements are, and when and
where to have them. I would like to learn more linux and spread the
word, but not when I get this type of treatment.  There seems to be some
resentment from those who do not make a career out this business toward
those that do.

3.)  The group is NOT called OPEN SOURCE LINUX USERS GROUP.  It is Omaha
Linux User's group.  So if I have a linux question, you can either
answer it, or get spiteful because it is not an Ubuntu distro.

It's just a sad shame, but to use an old quote "it is what it is"

Rod