[olug] Linux based Intranet with Content Management

Matthew Platte 51 at triopticon.com
Mon Apr 14 19:35:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 14:17 -0500, Larry Walls wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions for a package that would manage a
> small
> intranet complete with content management?

Plone, with Enfold Systems' additions will let your Windows(TM) clients
map "drives" to their desktop so the documents will always live inside
the CMS.  At least that's how I understand it.  I briefly tested that
feature in 2006 but my client wasn't ready to implement.

Full-text indexing of the usual proprietary formats is built-in with
Plone or easily installed.

And I can't not mention that Plone is written in the Google-rific
language of the moment: Python. ;)

--