[olug] get web server host name

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Fri Apr 11 18:04:45 UTC 2008

On Thursday 10 April 2008 21:17:23 Mr Scsi wrote:
> No, not resolve dns.
>
> My bad for not being clearer.
>
> What I have is a group of servers some at site 'A', some at site 'B' some
> at site 'C' with a weighted load balancer system, (IBM Edge, these are
> websphere boxes)
>
> The team that owns the applications running on them want a light diag
> script to get (most likely via lwp) wwwXX.domain.com XXX number of times,
> and count how many times each server responds.
> If the clusting is working correctly, multiple hits should bounce about the
> groups of servers. They want to count how many times site 'A' server 1
> responds and site 'A' server 2 responds, etc....

No back end stats from the load balancer?  Don't trust the stats from the load
balancer?   Crossroads (1) gives us connections, errors and bytes transferred
per server.  I'm not suggesting you rip out your IBM stuff, I'm just curious
why they're working so hard to get info the load balancer may provide.

(1)http://crossroads.e-tunity.com/