[olug] [OT] Local replacement battery for APC 1400.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Apr 10 14:02:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:

> Just last week I ordered an RBC7 battery for my APC 1400.  I got it
> from Gruber Power Services in Phoenix (http://www.gruberpower.com).
> Total price to my door was $75.  It doesn't come with the connectors,
> but if you already have an old battery, you can pull them from that
> one.  You can get the connectors alone on eBay (perhaps from Gruber)
> for $15.

That's my catch.  I returned my old battery years ago when I couldn't afford
the replacement, but didn't know that the connector was an optional item on
most replacement batteries (well, at least non-APC replacements).

Action Battery here in town said that they'd throw in a connector and fuse
when I bought it from them - I'll foot the extra $$ to support a local
company since time isn't that important.

But I'll mention Gruber Power to my IT guys - they order replacement RBC7's
from what has to be one of the most expensive sites on the Internet!

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal