[olug] OT - Help, need Cisco VPN Client for Vista

Shawn Mattingly smattin at mimezine.org
Sat Sep 1 05:33:51 UTC 2007

:-)  They are great to work with if you are a large organization with a
substantial investment in their equipment, but they suck at dealing with
small business and they badly need to revise their policies with regards
to interfacing with small consultants and "partners" who recommend their
product.  You really have to love their product in order to deal with
the amount of crap that they will run you through to show up on their
radar.  My advice would be to get a Smartnet contract on a PIX 501
(~$100/yr) or some other small device and that would grant you the
ability to d/l all of their software updates and call their support.
You can start a ticket on any product or download any image as long as
you are the owner of a valid contract number...It was a lifesaver for me
many times when I was doing the consulting thing.

Shawn