[olug] Misc. hardware.......... - dedicated list?

OBrien, TG IrishMASMS at OLUG.ORG
Mon Oct 8 09:17:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, October 4, 2007 5:25 pm, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> George Neill wrote:
>> http://omaha.craigslist.org  -- they have a free stuff category.  I
>> suppose
>> you could make the qualification OLUG'ers have preference on items.
>
> One of the problems with CL, as pointed out on the original thread, is
> that too many people are clueless about computers.  "Can I run Windows
> Vista on that there 'Sun Ultra 60, 256 emm-bee RAM' you have for sale?"

Then either:
- dont reply back to them
- reply back them with whichever choise words you can think of
- specify in your original post what can & will not run on it

Personally, I think we are making this harder than it actually is. Just
post to the list as [OT - for trade/sale/free]; giving fellow OLUGers
first dibbs. Then post your targeted descriptive posting to
freecycle/craigslist what was not already taken.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien