[olug] Good Hardware Place

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 18:36:40 UTC 2007

THERE ARE FEW LOCAL PLACES.

Reboot the User - i've never been there, but i hear a lot of people say good
things.

DIT - this place sucks, don't be fooled. (i did have a polite employee help
me after hours once)

computer renaissance - really sucks

compUSA - not quite horrible, but they shut down shop.

radio shack - 5$ for 3 LED's? who buys this crap? i bought an 80$ soldering
iron that looked nice, but now only beeps when i turn it on (1/2 a year
later)

Best buy - what a joke! i buy from good local people professionals, not faux
geeks and shifty corporate types..

the key to having parts is keeping an inventory.
hopefully if you don't have the time to get it, you can trade with an
OLUGer.

i shop online outlets, or trade with friends most of the time.
unless you have a political opposition, china is a good place to go for bulk
orders.
check out froogle.com (sort buy price) and ebay before buying.
even if you don't get it there, it will give you a good idea of a fair
market price.