[olug] Misc. hardware.......... - dedicated list?

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 19:04:16 UTC 2007

I used to run a phpBB installation. Then someone sent out a bajillion
spams using a security hole in phpBB because I didn't have time to
constantly put in the latest patch, the latest versions, and check
that all the data transferred correctly, and occasionally regress when
things don't work right. And this was on an installation that didn't
really have the traffic for it. As soon as service was restored from
the 10-day or so outage, I deleted the entire directory. Needless to
say, I don't run phpBB anymore.