[olug] mail services

Paul & Debbie Lewis phldml3 at cox.net
Tue Mar 20 23:04:04 UTC 2007

All,

    I've read the briefing off of the OLUG site about mail services, but I
need some more basic information.  What I'd like to do is build a "mail
server" that would pull e-mail from multiple service providers clear spam,
virus, and junk mail.  After that is completed, my clients could retrieve
their e-mail from my e-mail server rather then their ISP service.  Impetus
behind this is my parents have a dial up service back in Ohio (there getting
up in years and don't want to pay for high speed internet), but their ISP
has limited spam and AV protection.  I'm wondering if I could set up a
service here to fill in that need for them.  While I'm thinking of it can
you use a similar system to pull e-mails from say a Yahoo.com e-mail
service.

Thanks,

Paul