[olug] docx

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 05:01:05 UTC 2007

Well apparently, a command line version is already available in
odf-converter.sf.net, the question is whether it would work in Mono.  i have
zero experience with Mono.
The requirements list ".NET Framework 2.0", so a windows platform is
probably necessary.   Anybody know how "Mono on Linux" compares to the ".NET
Framework 2.0 on WinXP"?

From:
http://odf-converter.sourceforge.net/download.html

The feature list clearly states that it converts from OpenXML to ODF, but
the command line example below is the reverse.
Additonal Resources ODF Translator Command Line Tools Download

You can download the command line tools from our download page on
SourceForge.net<https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=169337&package_id=196237>
.
Minimum Software Requirements

The command line tools require .NET framework
2.0<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en>.

Installation

To install the command line tools, unzip the downloaded file into a folder.
Usage

To use the command line tools, open a console and type the following:

OdfConverterTest.exe /I *Filename* [/O *PathOrFilename*] [/V] [/XSLT *Path*]

Where:

   - /I *Filename*: Name of the ODF file to transform
   - /O *PathOrFilename*: Path of the folder where to put the output file
   (must exist) or name of the output file
   - /V: Validate the result of the transformation against OpenXML
   schemas
   - /DEBUG: Debug mode
   - /XSLT *Path*: Path to a folder containing XSLT files (must be the
   same as used in the lib)