[olug] Forward Apache SSL to Lighttpd

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 23:43:36 UTC 2007

This isn't totally Linux related, but it is Unix related.  I hope that
someone with more experience can help me out.

I'm working on a Django project and my provider is pretty much forcing
me to use Lighttpd with FastCGI for it.  And that's fine with me.
Their recommended setup is to have Apache 2 forward the request to my
own Lighttpd server running.  I'm using ProxyPass to do this for
non-SSL connections, like so:

ProxyPass /path http://127.0.0.1:port/path

and it's working fine.

But part of my site needs to use SSL.  When I try to do something
similar in my Apache virtual server, I get "Too many redirects".

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.  Anyone have any hints?
--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/