[olug] Which Asterisk?

Lane Roberts roberts.lane at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:03:55 UTC 2007

I can't really speak to that - Trixbox is easy and does what we need it to
(we were using asterisk at home before)  I can tell you that fonality is
sponsoring trixbox now, but I have no idea how good/bad their support is.

Ideally, if you have the time and energy, you would install asterisk from
scratch - that way you know exactly what's going on in that machine and
you're not relying on FreePBX or other tools to create your configuration.

A good link if you haven't found it already:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk