[olug] The first sysadmin job at the new Google facility in Council Bluffs

Travis Owens openbook1441 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:19:12 UTC 2007

Don't forget, when quoting stats from a university, typically it only
encompasses the starting salary ranges. A few years of experience and
you'll be out of that range.

I would suggest these as more accurately reflecting the community at large:
http://dice.salary.com/salarywizard/layoutscripts/swzl_compresult.asp?jobcode=IT10000135&jobaltername=Systems+Administrator&jobtitle=Systems+Administrator&narrowdesc=IT+%2D%2D+All&narrowcode=IT03&zipcode=68131&metrocode=&statecode=NE&state=Nebraska&pagenumber=1&searchpage=keywordtitleselect&searchtype=1&geo=Omaha%2C+NE+68131
http://dice.salary.com/salarywizard/layoutscripts/swzl_compresult.asp?jobcode=IT10000136&jobaltername=Systems+Administrator%2C+Sr%2E&jobtitle=Systems+Administrator%2C+Sr%2E&narrowdesc=IT+%2D%2D+All&narrowcode=IT03&zipcode=68131&metrocode=&statecode=NE&state=Nebraska&pagenumber=1&searchpage=keywordtitleselect&searchtype=1&geo=Omaha%2C+NE+68131
http://dice.salary.com/salarywizard/layoutscripts/swzl_compresult.asp?jobcode=IT10000152&jobaltername=UNIX+Administrator&jobtitle=UNIX+Administrator&narrowdesc=IT+%2D%2D+All&narrowcode=IT03&zipcode=68131&metrocode=&statecode=NE&state=Nebraska&pagenumber=1&searchpage=keywordtitleselect&searchtype=1&geo=Omaha%2C+NE+68131

Truly, they seem a tiny bit high to me, but then again, everything in
statistics is relative to the amount polled. It would only take a few
higher salaries to tilt the median.

Hope this helps!
Travis

Travis Owens