[olug] Beryl Gaming

Bradley Arth brad.arth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 13:09:19 UTC 2007

I am trying to get Beryl, from Ubuntu repos, to work with World of Warcraft.
'Out of the Box' it installs and I can play it just fine. Upon launching
beryl I then load up WoW and the Panels (start menus) stay in the foreground
even though it is running full screen. If I revert to Metacity then all is
well. I posted about this on the Ubuntu forums and received this code as a
response, what do you guys think?

killall beryl &&
wine ThisIsYourPreExistingLineToLaunchWoW &&
beryl &

I'm trying to find the most sound method to solve this issue, because I
needs my Beryl to impress the ladies :) no, not really but I still like the
eye candy.