[olug] Jabber - Think my previous got blocked.

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Tue Jun 5 18:37:31 UTC 2007

Openfire (http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/index.jsp)
is the only reasonably sane open-source server I've found, and I've
mucked around with a bunch of them.  It's Java-based, but that's
better than some of the others that are written in OCaml or erlang or
whatever the language-du-jour is.

No idea on a web-based client.  I think the folks who make Openfire
have one for sale, but I'm guessing you're looking for a
free/open-source client.  http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.shtml
might be of use.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University
LOPSA Sysadmin Days: Professional Training for Professional SysAdmins
August 6-7, Cherry Hill, NJ
http://lopsa.org/SysadminDays