[olug] Windows file access trace program?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 03:34:10 UTC 2007

Neal,

please put [OT] or something else that flags a message like this as off
topic.  Thanks.

You will also want regmon by sysinternals/M$ to monitor registry access.  By
the way, most all of the sysinternals stuff used to be OpenSource, but since
M$ purchased them, i can't find the source.  If somebody knows of a
sourceforge project or code.google project that houses the old SysInternals
source code, i would love to have a link.

More laptops and especially TabletPCs have accelerometers that detect sudden
movement and park the harddrive.  This may very well slow down your machine
and look like harddrive access.  A good reason to have a hybrid flash memory
& platter harddrive.