[olug] User Group and Trademark

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Fri Jul 27 17:07:32 UTC 2007

IANAL, but I think as long as you put disclaimers on the site, stating who the trademarked names belong to, and making sure you note that there is affiliation between the company and the site, you're probably okay.  Kind of like "TeleResults is trademark of HugeCo, LLC."  "This site is in no way affiliated with the makers of TeleResults", etc.  You might consult a lawyer though, just in case.

You're not publishing any proprietary info, and membership is purely optional.  I can't see how they can shut you down.