[olug] Integrating Linux with Active Directory

Adam Lassek adam.lassek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 19:59:50 UTC 2007

I spent hours trying to get RedHat Enterprise WS4 to login to our domain,
and then gave up and installed OpenSuSE 10.2, which worked out of the box.
You just tell it the name of your domain controller and login with
DOMAIN\user. No problems. SuSE uses Winbind to do this, which works better
than anything else I am aware of. There's a little bit of weirdness when
dealing with local users versus domain users, but generally it works
seamlessly across both GUI and console.