[olug] Integrating Linux with Active Directory

J.R. Wessels jwplex at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 19:19:41 UTC 2007

Not directly. I'm using Novell's OES Linux to log into eDirectory, which in
turn synchronizes accounts with AD using Novell's Identity Manager.  Works
pretty well, but there is that middle step of eDirectory, which probably may
not be an option if you don't have it or Identity Manager installed.

On the flip side, it does offer some nifty features.  Like people are using
the same account credentials as AD to log into SSH, ftp, and OpenVPN.  Then
when the employee leaves, the moment their account is disabled all the other
places tied to it are disabled.  Our next steps with Identity Manager is
having it sync accounts in various databases like our helpdesk software or
accounting.

- J.R.