[olug] Cox sucks

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Tue Jul 17 03:30:30 UTC 2007

Kenny Kant wrote:
> What other options are there in Omaha?  Qwest I know of for sure what
> about other DSL options?  Anyone here use Internet Nebraska?  If so do
> you use their DSL or Cable?  Last time I checked this was capped.  If a
> Nebraska based ISP, like Internet Neb would provide decent service I
> would switch in a heart beat.

Internet Nebraska's 'net connection isn't the best (Cox and Qwest are
far superior IMO), and depending on the land line carrier (Qwest or
Windstream) you may not get a lot of bandwidth.

IMO Qwest is the better option for DSL.

Inet Nebr doesn't offer Cable service outside of Lancaster county (aka
the Lincoln metro area).

Personally I would stick with Cox, but then I am in a position to run my
own box at work ;)

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us