[olug] Sans Forensics at AIM

Jim O'Gorman jameso at elwood.net
Thu Jul 12 21:53:57 UTC 2007

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew, a couple months ago I posted to
the list about finding a room for doing some forensics training. Well, AIM
stepped in and made a room open for us.

You can find the details at http://www.sans.org/mentor/details.php?nid=5231,
and if anyone is interested in signing up the early sign up discount is
still going until Aug. In the class, we use Linux and open source tools to
do analysis of Unix and Windows systems. I find the material very
interesting as it peels away the layers of abstraction that we all take for
granted and exposes the underlying details on what is actually happening
behind the beige box.

If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Jim