[olug] peak oil & stuff

Neal R neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Thu Jul 12 04:44:48 UTC 2007

   Has anyone else discovered http://theoildrum.com?

    I first heard of global warming over twenty years ago and really
started paying attention around the mid nineties. The excitement of the
three biggest news hurricanes coming pretty much back to back to back
from 2004 to 2007 confirmed it for me.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/6/18/05557/9447

    The stuff I see on TheOilDrum seems very solid and real - daily
reports on energy troubles brewing in Iran, Venezuela, Nigeria, and now
infrastructure hits starting in Mexico. The longer term predictions are
very, very, very grim, with North Sea production off some 90%, and
serious, visible declines in Saudi production being discussed daily.

    I'm a Senator letter writing,  DailyKos article posting,
Presidential candidate meeting nuisance on this sort of stuff, but I
feel like its really time to crank that up a couple of notches. Are any
of you guys doing anything in this area? Would you like to get together
and discuss?